How I faced to OCJP exam...

Hey ! Today I'm going to share with you my experience of the OCJP exam..
Do you know what OCPJP or OCJP means ?  It means Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer certification.
Now a year has passed since I took the Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 6 Programmer exam.However, I thought I would share my experiences and hope this will be helpful for others who are going to take the exam.
After doing my G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination and then searching for a higher educational path I decided to join to a Java Course. It really changed my life. At that time I chose to do Computer Science for my first degree at the National School of Business Management with University College Dublin. In there I realized that it would be better to do some extra certifications also. Since I was following a Java Course at the same time I thought I should go for OCJP  certification. Finally I scored 100% at exam ! I was very amused at that moment and I couldn't believe it.. it showed my score:100%


So this is how I prepared for the OCJP exam.
I referred to SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 -Study Guide by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates . This book contains everything you need to learn for the exam. Everything is nicely explained with example codes and diagrams. At the end of each chapter, there they have summarized the whole chapter in point form and I tried to memorize and understand them all. I made my own short notes from taking the most important points. After every chapter there is a Self Test and in the next pages answers are explained. These questions were very helpful to me for the exam. Please don't move on to the next chapter without doing these questions. For the exam also you will get similar kind of questions. Once I finished reading the whole book I did the Self Test question set once again to make sure that I got every point.
Some chapters I read more than twice to get a better understanding.
And whenever I needed to clarify things I used Java Tutorials in Oracle Java Documentation .

To practice questions, I used a book by the same authors. Practice Exams Java by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. There they have explained answers to each and every question. I did these questions more than twice and somehow I managed to give correct answer to almost every question with a proper understanding. Then I had the confidence that I could face to the exam.

I took the exam at the ICBT Testing Center . About two weeks before the date which I had planned to take the exam on, I went to the ICBT Testing Center and confirmed the date and paid the examination fee which was $150. After that you have to create a CertView account. Within a maximum of 30 minutes of taking the exam, the results will come to your CertView account.

 This is my score sheet!


You will receive a hard copy of your certificate and oracle ID by post within 12 weeks' time of taking the exam.



Comments

  1. I think that 250-552 Practice Exam Questions is crucial for graduating from any university. Every student should know how to write and I think you should be able to do it, too. I would recommend you to take some extra classes or enroll in additional course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UML - Use Case Diagrams

My Experience at Women Techmakers Leads Mini-summit APAC at Google Singapore